- Provide immunizations against vaccine preventable diseases.
- Monitor Communicable disease occurance in the community.
- Provide interventions, including counselling, treatment, therapy, referral, follow-up, inspection, investigation and initiation of corrective action in relation to communicable disease.
- Provide screening & follow-up of a
communicable disease contact.
- Provide information & education related to communicable disease to individuals & groups in the community.
Fact: Hand washing does prevent the spread of communicable diseases!
http://www.fnha.ca/ (First Nations Health Authority)
http://www.interiorhealth.ca/Pages/default.aspx (Interior Health)
http://www.bccdc.ca/default.htm (BC Centre for Disease Control)
http://immunizebc.ca/ (Immunize BC )
http://www.immunize.ca/en/default.aspx (Immunize Canada)
http://www.tmvc.com/ (Travel Medicine and Vaccination Centre)